If you were to go on my Tumblr blog at the moment you’d notice I’ve been blogging a lot! This only means one thing. I have assignments I should be doing. I actually like to think my time management skills have gotten a lot better since I left high school, mainly due to the fact I have great friends who look at me disapprovingly whenever they see me procrastinating.
However, when it comes to study tips and advice on what you should be doing in relation to assessments, I’m honestly the worst person you could listen too. I’ve taken this negative and turned it in to a positive though. Instead of telling you what you should do, I’m going to tell you what you shouldn’t do. Below is a list of what not to do when you know those assignment dates are getting closer!
- Do NOT write the title of your assessment then reward yourself with ‘five minutes’ free time. Before you know it, its 9pm, your study break has been going since 11am yesterday morning and your word count is still 5.
- Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and funny cat videos on YouTube are not your friends. They are evil. You’ll realise this the night before your assignment is due and you’re curled up in a little ball crying of stress. The cat videos aren’t so cute at this point in time.
- The sudden urge to clean also becomes strong around assessment time. STOP! Put down the duster! If your room has been filthy for the past month a few extra days won’t hurt. In fact it might be good for that mould in the corner to keep thriving!*
- Boredom eating is a big one! Don’t do it, you’ll regret it! Unless the food is Tim Tams, in this case 5 packets in two hours are acceptable.
- Oliver Queen or any extremely good looking TV show character will not help you pass your assessments. This is possibly the saddest and most disappointing thing I will ever write.
I really hope these tips help to cure your procrastination and will help you all get A’s!
*Note: I do not have mould growing and my room is actually very clean! This was a made up example used for the purpose of this blog post!